It’s that time of year, where a lot of you are making changes, deciding that this is the year you make those changes.
However, we all know that a lot of resolutions tend to get dropped by mid Feb.
So, how do you keep it going?
How do you keep the motivation up?
Well, here are a few tips to help keep that motivation up.
- Make sure the goal is your own – If you are doing what you are doing for someone else and it really isn’t for anyone else then you are never going to want to do it. You just won’t keep it up. So make sure that the goal is something for you firstly before anyone else.
- Do something you enjoy – whatever it is, you must enjoy it, it is the only way to keep things going. If it is exercise you are starting then make sure you enjoy it, that way you will keep things up and feel happy to do it.
- Surround yourself with likeminded individuals – If you have support and accountability with others on the same path then you are more likely to keep things up.
- Focus – Keep the focus, keep reminding yourself about your why, why you started all this.
- Stay in the present – Keep in the present, don’t keep looking at the end goal, it can always seem so far away. Stay in the present and focus on the bits you can change.
- Small Achievable Goals – Following on from the previous one, make small achievable goals throughout the journey, break it down so you focus on where you are and feel like you are actually heading in the right direction.
- Be Motivated by your past – If you are looking to change things then keep reminding yourself where you were and use it to keep you moving forward so you don’t end up back there again. (Personally this is a big one for me and keeps me moving forward)
- Expect Obstacles – These will happen and will turn up, if you are expecting them to turn up, you will have more chance in getting past them and less chance of saying fuck this shit and knocking it all on the head.
- Boost your self esteem – Treat yourself, make yourself feel good, do something for you that will make you feel good.
- Join a challenge – Find a challenge to work towards that will help keep you on track.
- Keep track – This is important, keep track on what your are achieving, that way you can see progress in that you are doing.
- Give yourself a break – This is important, you cannot be on 100% of the time, if you are you will burn out and it will all come tumbling down, so allow yourself a break every now and then.
There you go, some quick tips on how to keep your motivation up, if it is Fitness and Health you are looking to change then I know somewhere that can certainly help keep you going.
What is it you are looking to achieve this year?